Smoothies

Smoothies are my favorite way to get my fruits in, and I try making them as easy as possible, so here is how I make mine.


1 large vanilla or strawberry yogurt (I love the Dannon ones!!) frozen in ice cube trays (I only use the "old school" Ice cube trays that have like 14 cubes in it its the best way of measuring mine out) like these --------------------------->

frozen berries, bananas, pineapple or really any fruits you would like
apple juice (as needed) (it don't have to be apple juice, that's just the one I prefer!)



To make the bags:
In a ziplock baggie add about 1/2 cup of each fruit you pick (I use about 1-1 1/2 cups in each) and 4-8 cubes of frozen yogurt cubes (the more you add the thicker it will be) and throw them in the freezer until you need a smoothie fix!

To make the smoothies:
empty your fruit and yogurt into the blender and pulse it for a few seconds to break up the large chunks, add about 1/4 cup of apple juice to the blender and pulse it until smooth, adding juice as needed.

If you want to use fresh fruit cut it up and place it on a wax paper lined cookie tray and freeze it for about an hour) so it don't clump in the baggies

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note!!