Mexican Rice (easy and yummy)


In our house Mexican food is one of our favorites, BUT, having a picky eater on my hands, **cough, my hubby, cough**, its hard to please everyone... I came across this recipe about a year ago and it's our favorite. ( I wish I remembered where I found it so I can give credit).
This is some of the easiest rice to know how to make and you can use different bouillon for different flavored rice.



For easy Mexican rice:
   About 1/4 cup tomato bouillon
   4 cups of water
   2 cups of standard rice (not instant or boil-a-bag)
**optional ingredients**
if adding any of these make sure they are cooked and add about 1/4-1/2 cup to taste.
   corn
   peas
   carrots


rinse the rice using a mesh-type strainer until the water runs clear.
whisk the water and the bouillon together to get it well mixed.
add rice.
bring rice to a boil
take it off of the heat and let it sit for 20 mins (do not lift the lid for the entire 20 mins)
the rice should be fluffy and moist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note!!